Is the CZ 75 TS California Legal? Looking for Guidance

The CZ 75 TS is designed for competition, so it holds up well! It’s reliable, but practice is key. Just remember to keep those grips tight!

The CZ 75 TS is not on California’s approved list, so it’s technically not legal to sell or transfer, unfortunately. I experienced this with mine. I had to go through a lot of hassle to register it.

That’s a bummer! I have a CZ 75 SP-01 and it’s been amazing. I’ve found it great for both home defense and range practice. If you’re looking for alternatives, that model is California legal!

I’ve had a CZ 75 TS for a while, but I live in Nevada now. It’s a great gun, very accurate. Just be sure to check if you can get a Variant approved in California! What specific features are you looking for?

That’s interesting, I’ve heard great things about the SP-01! Is it much bulkier than the TS? I’m considering my options!

Great point, martha72! Even in California, we have some nice options. The CZ 75 P-01 is a great compact gun and is legal. I prefer its ergonomics over the TS for everyday carry.

2 Likes

I’ve been eyeing the P-01 too. Is it a big difference in weight compared to the TS for carrying purposes?

I actually found the weight difference quite minimal. The P-01 felt comfortable for long periods. However, the TS is a bit more specialized for competition to my knowledge.

8 Likes

Absolutely! Keep in mind, the TS has a lower trigger pull which is great for competition but might not suit everyone for personal defense.

4 Likes

You guys have me thinking! What if I just opt for a rimfire version? Can I legally have a CZ 75 TS rimfire in California? That might be a loophole!

Haha, clever! But I would double-check California’s laws. They have specific regulations for rimfire firearms too!